Saturday, March 9, 2024

What I Have Been Listening to: CATHEDRALE

One of my joys is discovering new music and as things change, some times there are positives. I would say that my favorite way of discovering music is still what I would call a curated playlist. 

My local public radio station plays a “college radio” style format and that is still # 1 for me. 

Friend recommendations probably are a close second (maybe even first at times now). These are generally more on social media these days than in person, but it really isn’t much different than it was during teenage years.  

There are also of course algorithmic ways to stream music which have their benefits (though I don’t feel like I often “discover” music as much that way), and blog sites and samplers and what not. 

 When comes to CATHEDRALE, I am not 100% sure where I ran into the French post punk band first. A Bandcamp sample for Howlin Banana Records, I believe. 

From half way around the world to my ears. I love the mix of jagged guitars joined to garage, even shoegaze influences. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment